Last night, 20/20 on ABC aired a segment in relation to the documentary produced by Michael Moore in which he declared that the US had a poor health care system and that socialized or government run health care like that of Cuba is superior. Michael Moore argued that everyone knows Cuba's health care system is great even "all the world health care organizations or whatever" know this. Moore says in the film that he asked to be treated like a regular Cuban citizen "no more, no less" and that "is exactly what they did." When John Stossel asked him if he really thought that, that is exactly what they did Moore said "oh I know that's what they did". John Stossel went on to questions Moore's claims until Moore tried to change the subject, when he said "Cuba is the red herring, Let's stick to Canada and Britain and this stuff because I think these are legitimate arguments that are made against the film and against the, the so-called idea of socialized medicine. And I think you should challenge me on these things, and I'll give you my answer".
You can read more about the segment at ABC News, or watch video of the segment here.
I admire what John Stossel of 20/20 and ABC have done by starting to bring out some of the truth about the every day struggle of the Cuban people. With mainstream media normally being so far left, we very rarely see anything on the reality of Cuba and not just smoke and mirrors put up by the regime. I am curious now to see 20/20 next week as they will use the entire hour to focus on the issue of health care, and I wonder if they will debate more on the topic of Cuban health care. I think that it is extremely important that we give ABC our opinions on this and our support, like I said earlier its rare that mainstream media dig into the reality of Cuba so hopefully this will only open up more opportunities for journalists to investigate different issues in Cuba. You can email John Stossel at: JohnStossel@abcnews.com. You can also share your views in the ABC News Discussions Forum.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment